Saturday, November 4, 2023

Is your work like Aishwarya Rai?





Recently I saw Mani Ratnam's Magnum Opus PS1 & PS2. Both the parts I felt were the best movies of the year.  In this movie, as we see various powerful warriors going against each other it is a game controlled by attractive women. The one that controlled the most was Nandini played by Aishwarya Rai. 

A blog or perhaps a book be less to describe her beauty.  Anyway as I thought about it I understood the power of being attractive. 

In our everyday life, many talk about competition, and some about healthy competition. For a long time, I thought both were different but with experience, I got to realize that they are the same.  Competition sadly takes our focus from doing the best work to beating someone else's best work or work. 

I would like to present an alternative view on this.  Perhaps what we need to do is be attractive, and create attractive work. The alpha man has to defeat many to climb the top of the chain,  the attractive woman needs to just be her most beautiful and the village works for her. 

Your work needs to be like that attractive woman that everyone desires.  This needs you to work on yourself rather than look at others' strengths and weaknesses. No doubt it is hard work, as attractive work needs a lot more focus. It needs time, and composure or I might add a zen-like quality. 

A blog is less to explain this concept but as my favorite author Devdutt Pattnaik mentions it is about creating Rangbhoomi (place of performing arts) and not Ranbhoomi (place of constant battle)

Rangbhoomi gives pleasure to the performer and the viewer. 

And if the performing art has Aishwarya Rai in it you can seldom take your eyes off her. 


❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment